Brian Spencer is a lifelong area resident who has worked, lived and invested in District 6 for more than 23 years. He wants only the best for all of his neighbors and the city of Pensacola as a whole. An architect and entrepreneur, Brian has a successful history of creating jobs and attracting businesses through numerous projects he has spearheaded—all of which are in District 6. As a member of Pensacola City Council, he has helped promote the waterfront Community Maritime Park and other desirable quality of life projects. Brian is committed to work with you for the betterment of our community. Brian has the vision, the experience and the credibility to make a difference as all of Pensacola continues to strive for excellence.
- Taking proactive measures to grow existing businesses and attract new jobs
- Funding for improvement of community and resource centers, parks, and entrances to our city
- Increasing nighttime lighting to assist our law enforcement in reduction of criminal activity
- Developing workforce housing
- Increasing the number of safe, attractive, and accessible routes for walking, running, and cycling
- Formulating policies for innovative, environmentally sound storm water management
Brian’s family moved to the Pensacola area in 1960. Following high school, Brian attended Duke University for his undergraduate degree and Tulane University where he received a Masters in Architecture. Upon finishing school, Brian returned to Pensacola to practice architecture.
Brian is a founding principal of SMP Architecture which he began in 1989. He has earned a local reputation for his passion in revitalizing older buildings and neighborhoods. Brian is an avid runner and marathoner. His training allows him to cover miles of Pensacola streets before 8 am each morning.
Brian and his wife, Crystal, live and work downtown and are very involved in a number of local civic and charitable causes. Brian was elected to represent District 6 in November 2010. He represents the City Council on the Downtown Improvement Board and Keep Pensacola Beautiful, Inc.
Married to: Crystal Collins Spencer, Attorney
Home: 3 East Zaragoza Street
Job: Shareholder and partner at SMP Architecture
Education: Bachelor of Arts, Duke University; Master of Architecture, Tulane University
For Fun: Runs marathons